Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Shorn Tolley <sh...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2002/09/24 02:11:01 UTC

filtering messages by the MDC

Hi folks,

I know there is a LevelMatchFilter, which can be used
to only log if an event matches a given priority.

I know there is a StringMatchFilter, which can be used
to only log if an event message matches a given
string.

Is there a way for me to only log if the value
associated with a particular key in the MDC matches a
certain value?

If there's not, then I'm probably going to have to
write one.  Can anyone see any obvious problems with
this approach?  Or easier ways to do what I'm trying
to do, that'd be even better :)

Cheers,
Shorn.