Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Matt Bathje <mp...@ntsource.com> on 2004/01/27 17:37:04 UTC

global forwards in modules

Hi again - yet another question from me, sorry.

I am trying to have the admin area of my project use modules, but so far it
is a no go. I setup the module as:

<init-param>
  <param-name>config/admin</param-name>
  <param-value>/WEB-INF/struts-config-admin.xml</param-value>
</init-param>

and if I type urls under /admin/ into the location bar, they work. If I try
to use any of the global forwards I have defined in struts-config-admin.xml
though, they do not. This becomes a problem rapidly, because (like good
struts users) all of our javascript, style sheets, etc. are setup as global
forwards, and the index.jsp page under the /admin/ directory has
<logic:redirect forward="adminLogin"/>

Any idea why the forwards aren't being followed, and how to correct the
problem?

I have tried changing that to forward="/admin/adminLogin" and that didn't
help either. Right now the forwards are setup like the following:

<forward name="adminLogin" path="/login.do" />

I have tried changing it to name="/admin/adminLogin",
path="/admin/login.do", and messing around with the contextRelative
attribute, and nothing seems to help - it always says it can't find the
forward.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
Matt Bathje