Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Paul Fraser <pa...@qnenet.com> on 2020/08/01 10:50:23 UTC

Usage of CamelContext

Hi,

Just starting into Camel with Karaf and have a very basic question.

In a midsize project is the aim to create one camelcontext , some or many camelcontexts.

Thanks

Paul Fraser

Re: Usage of CamelContext

Posted by Jeremy Ross <je...@gmail.com>.

> Hey Paul,

I've yet to use multiple contexts in a single integration. But I've always
thought to myself that when I start running out of endpoint "namespace"
(since a context is basically a global namespace), then maybe that's a good
test for having multiple contexts.

Also, contexts can be individually managed, started/stopped, etc, which
could probably be useful in larger integrations.

Re: Usage of CamelContext

Posted by Paul Fraser <pa...@qnenet.com>.
After diving into the docs, I find

"You typically have one CamelContext in an application"

So I suppose this answers my question right to the point:-)

Paul Fraser