Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by jaxzin <Br...@espn3.com> on 2008/07/25 06:22:44 UTC

[MRM-730] not fixed? Can't search on class names?

I was excited to see MRM-730 was listed in the release notes for Archiva 1.1
but I'm testing it right now and I can't seem to find any artifacts by class
name.  I've ensured that the artifact was indexed in a repository search (I
can browse to it) and I double-checked the name of one of the classes (e.g.
JMXPlugin) but I still get "No results found".  What could I be missing?

Re: [MRM-730] not fixed? Can't search on class names?

Posted by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 10:50 PM, jaxzin <Br...@espn3.com> wrote:

> So I left my Archiva instance overnight to reindex everything (31k files
> reported) but still no results when I search for class names with artifacts
> I know are in the repository and are showing up through 'browse'.  I don't
> see any failures (related to this at least) in my logs.
>
> So to refresh, I've:
> 1) Shutdown my Archiva instance
> 2) Deleted my archiva derby database
> 3) Deleted my .index folders under each repository folder
> 4) Restarted Archiva
> 5) Rescanned my repositories
> 6) Updated my Database
>
> Any other ideas?  I do have failures related to
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-686, but that's only a subset of my
> artifacts.  I've been testing class names within artifacts that do not have
> this issue, but I wanted to mention it in case it may be related.

Hmm.. I've just tried searching for classes & packages in 1.1 too & I didn't
get any hits as well.
The last time I did try it, it was working but that was before 1.1. Anyway,
I already filed a jira for this, see
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-892 and will include this in 1.1.1.

> Another idea, is it my query?  I'm just searching on the class name, no
> package name, no lucene prefixes (l'm thinking Proximity-style searches),
> no
> trailing ".class".  Is that how its designed to be used?

Yep, your query is correct and you should also be able to search with the
package name included..

Thanks,
Deng

Posted by jaxzin <Br...@espn3.com>.

Posted by jaxzin <Br...@espn3.com>.

Posted by Maria Odea Ching <oc...@apache.org>.

Posted by jaxzin <Br...@espn3.com>.

Posted by jaxzin <Br...@espn3.com>.
I hate to be Debbie Downer but it ain't working. :-) I reindexed my snapshots
repository and it's still not working.  For my class
"disney.entrepot.util.HardDepot" I've tried the following searches all with
no results:

HardDepot
HardDepot.class
disney.entrepot.util.HardDepot

Since I upgraded and took an exact copy of my archiva.xml, is it possibly my
artifacts and/or indexable-content settings aren't right for this to work?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
That should do it!

Posted by jaxzin <Br...@espn3.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.