Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Craig Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM> on 2005/10/04 20:23:23 UTC

Re: Where to report a bug in JDO specification?

Hi Marcin,

You can file a bug report at the JDO JIRA. JDO is under active
development at Apache. You can file a bug and upload a patch if you
like.

Please see http://incubator.apache.org/jdo where you will find links
to the JIRA and the latest sources.

Best regards,

Craig

On Oct 3, 2005, at 12:42 PM, Marcin Owsiany wrote:

> I think I have found a bug in javax.jdo.spi.I18NHelper from jdo-1.0.2
> (shipped by KODO JDO, but I understand this is actually released by
> Sun).  I have also developed a patch which seems to work fine for me.
>
> Now I want to report it, so other people can benefit from the fix as
> well.  How do I do this?
>
> regards,
>
> Marcin
> --
> Marcin Owsiany <ma...@owsiany.pl>              http://
> marcin.owsiany.pl/
> GnuPG: 1024D/60F41216  FE67 DA2D 0ACA FC5E 3F75  D6F6 3A0D 8AA0
> 60F4 1216
>
> "Every program in development at MIT expands until it can read mail."
>                                                               --
> Unknown

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: Where to report a bug in JDO specification?

Posted by Craig Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Marcin,

Thanks for filing this bug and providing the text patch. We will
evaluate this both for JDO 1.1 and JDO 2.0.

I am surprised that the I18NHelper would ever get the bootstrap class
loader passed as an argument. I thought that the bootstrap class
loader was used only for java.lang classes which (I thought) should
never be the class loader passed to the I18NHelper.

Do you also have the stack trace or can tell me exactly how the
bootstrap class loader got passed to I18NHelper? Or perhaps I
misunderstand.

Thanks,

Craig

Posted by Marcin Owsiany <ma...@owsiany.pl>.