Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/17 09:55:21 UTC

QJM deployment

Hi,

who can kindly make 2.0.3-alpha QJM  deployment document more better, I
cannot understand it successfully, thanks.

such as :
1) by running the command "*hdfs namenode -bootstrapStandby*" on the
unformatted NameNode

- - it should be start formatted namenode firstly.
2) If you are converting a non-HA NameNode to be HA, you should run the
command "*hdfs -initializeSharedEdits*", which will initialize the
JournalNodes with the edits data from the local NameNode edits directories.

-- run this command on which node? and does that this command exists?

QJM "Deployment details" section is bad....

Re: QJM deployment

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Azuryy,

Thanks for your feedback on the docs! I've filed
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-4508 on your behalf to
address them. Feel free to file JIRA with documentation complaints
with change patches to have them improved yourself :)

--
Harsh J

Re: QJM deployment

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.