Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2008/05/27 12:59:52 UTC

Re: Vars for Custom Plugins

Mark Martinec writes:
> > > no, it is not. The real recipient is transferred in mail envelope, which
> > > needs not to appeart in headers.
>
> Rick Duval wrote:
> > How would you go about getting that?
>
> Extend SpamAssassin's API to allow a caller to pass it additional
> information, like envelope addresses in this case, and possibly
> other interesting information about a SMTP session which never
> make it into a mail header.

Actually, I think we have a (semi-)documented protocol to do this,
by forming a Received: header...

--j.

Re: Vars for Custom Plugins

Posted by Mark Martinec <Ma...@ijs.si>.
Justin Mason wrote:
> Actually, I think we have a (semi-)documented protocol to do this,
> by forming a Received: header...

You mean for passing an envelope recipient - true. But it is not
particularly useful if a message has 100 or 1000 envelope recipients.

Eventually one would like (at least me) to be able to pass on
additional information without having to devise ad-hoc X-*
header fields for each new information and teaching SpamAssassin
how to parse it (like passing OS fingerprinting info about a
SMTP client, and even passing DKIM validation results to a plugin
if a caller has already performed the check).

  Mark