Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by selva <se...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/13 03:14:01 UTC

Install CDH4 using tar ball with MRv1, Not YARN version

Hi folks,

I am trying to install CDH4 using tar ball with MRv1, Not YARN
version(MRv2).

I downloaded two tarballs (mr1-0.20.2+<n> and hadoop-2.0.0+<n>) from this
location http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh4/cdh/4/

as per cloudera instruction i found

 "If you install CDH4 from a tarball, you will install YARN. To install
MRv1 as well, install the separate MRv1 tarball (mr1-0.20.2+<n>) alongside
the YARN one (hadoop-2.0.0+<n>)."
(@ bottom of
http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera-content/cloudera-docs/CDH4/4.2.0/CDH4-Installation-Guide/cdh4ig_topic_4_2.html
)

But i could not find steps to install using these two tarballs Since
cloudera tailored the steps to package installation.

I am totally confused like whether to start dfs of hadoop-2.0.0+<n> version
and start mapred of mr1-0.20.2+<n> or something else.

Kindly help me on setting up.

Thanks
Selva

Re: Install CDH4 using tar ball with MRv1, Not YARN version

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
Please ask CDH lists.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: Install CDH4 using tar ball with MRv1, Not YARN version

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
Please ask CDH lists.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: Install CDH4 using tar ball with MRv1, Not YARN version

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
Please ask CDH lists.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

Re: Install CDH4 using tar ball with MRv1, Not YARN version

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
Please ask CDH lists.

--
Arun C. Murthy