Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Nelson Carpentier <ne...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/16 15:25:07 UTC

For Realz?!?

Hey All...

So, I was lookin' through one of my Roller installs last night, 'cuz I
was having some trouble...  But in the process I was taking a gander
through the database.

Then, in the immortal words of Keanu Reeves, I said "Whoa!"  Was that
my password I spied, in plain text!?!  Say it ain't so!!!

Did I have something mis-configured?  I'm not sure, I'd have to check
my other Roller instance...

Is this by design?  If it is, shouldn't we put a caution on the
"register" page encouraging people to have passwords different than
what they would normally use in a "high security" situation?  (Even if
that is implicitly understood by tech-advanced people, the explicit
reminder to the less-techy or less careful wouldn't be wasted...)

If this *is* an oversight, I'll put an entry into JIRA.  (I'd also
suggest we look at putting in some sort of preference for the login
page to be over HTTPS, then fall to HTTP when HTTPS is not
available...)  I may be able to help work on the issue in the next
coming weeks as well, but I can guarantee, 'cuz I'm getting ready to
move...

Thanks all!

- Nelz

Re: For Realz?!?

Posted by Nelson Carpentier <ne...@gmail.com>.
I got a new install of Roller up an running last night, WITH the
password encryption working.  Thanks for the help!

- Nelz

Re: For Realz?!?

Posted by Nelson Carpentier <ne...@gmail.com>.

Re: For Realz?!?