Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by sona gokhool <gs...@m-itc.net> on 2008/05/27 22:13:47 UTC

[Trinidad] Input File Component crashing when trying to upload large files

Hi,
    I have a small application that allow users to upload files and I am
using tr:inputFile for that purpose. I have followed all the steps for
file upload from the link
http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/devguide/fileUpload.html. The
application is working finely except for one problem. I have specified
the upload_max_disk_space and upload_max_memory as 5 MB. When a user
tries to upload a file larger than 5 MB, the file is ignored without any
warnings. I tried to give the user a message in the value change event
but the value change event is not triggered.

Any Ideas suggestions are most welcome. Please help me.

regards,
Sona

Re: [Trinidad] Input File Component crashing when trying to upload large files

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
What Trinidad version do you use?
There was recently an update, that you get a FacesMessage,
when the upload failed (due to file size restriction)

BTW. the upload is done in front of the JSF lifecycle (via our filter).

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org