Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Victor Engle <vi...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/17 12:43:02 UTC

[users@httpd] Authorization using group files

I have an apache server and I want to allow users in group1 to access /.

Then I want to restrict users further for location /test using group2.

What I find is that if I authorize "/" for users in group1 I cannot
restrict those users from "/test" even when they are left out of group2.
I've tried using a different AuthName for the directives.

Is this expected behavior? Could anyone suggest good documentation that
covers group based authorization? I've googled and read docs I can find but
it's not clear to me whether this is expected behavior of some error on my
part or a bug.

Thanks!

Vic