Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Heping Zhang <ph...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/30 01:42:36 UTC

Where can I find the log when using ajax?

hi, I use jbossas4.2.0 as server and when I do not use ajax, I can find logs
in server.log, console and the page opened in browser. However, when I use
ajax on the page and something happened, there's no error message on both
server.log and console. And In the page the  error message is unreadable
because it lapped over the original page which makes the error. I want the
log to see what cause the error on earth. could anyone help me?

Re: Where can I find the log when using ajax?

Posted by Heping Zhang <ph...@gmail.com>.
I'm sorry. It's me didn't understand you. Thanks for your reply!

Re: Where can I find the log when using ajax?

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
I understood you perfectly well. :)

The overlap is because it's dynamically displaying the exception page within
a dialog client side widget because the exception happened during an XHR
request.  If you copy and paste the css rules I gave you into either a .css
file you include in your app or directly in your page within <style></style>
tags you'll be able to read the messages more clearly.

--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer

Re: Where can I find the log when using ajax?

Posted by Heping Zhang <ph...@gmail.com>.
Oh thank you. But maybe I don't express it correctly. My page is the left
and when error happened Tapestry will generate a page like the right. When I
don't use ajax, it works well, first the original page and then error
happened and it turns to the right. But when using ajax, or more exactly,
dojo, the two pages overlaped. Just image the right moved horizontally to
left and laps over the original page. That's what I see in firefox. The
first page doesn't disappear when the second appears. So they overlap and
that makes me cannot read the error message. That's my problem. When I ask I

                                   |_________________________|

Re: Where can I find the log when using ajax?

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
I think Andreas added some fixes to give the exception dialog a better set
of default style rules (where previously I provided none at all), but for
now you can define this in a css file to get some friendlier styling for
your dialog:

.exceptionDialog {
    overflow: auto;
    display: block;