Posted to user@hive.apache.org by "Raghunath, Ranjith" <Ra...@usaa.com> on 2012/05/23 02:43:07 UTC

Map side aggregations

I have the parameter hive.map.aggr set to true. However, when I look at the counters associated with the map tasks I notice the following "Combine input records 0". I am interpreting this as a failure to perform the map side aggregation. Is that accurate? Is this option not working in hive 0.7.1?

Thanks,
Ranjith

Re: Map side aggregations

Posted by Ranjith <ra...@gmail.com>.