Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Gareth Morgan <gh...@yahoo.com> on 2001/02/15 10:55:48 UTC

Log4j and Appservers (Weblogic)

I've seen in the archives that a few people have used log4j with an
appserver successfully.

Is this because some appservers are very relaxed about enforcing the
standards on classes used by EJBs? I'm really thinking of  the
synchronization that log4j does, which shouldn't really be 'allowed'
when called from an EJB.

Also, I'm concerned that the single hierarchy of categories wouldn't be
a singleton any more if the appserver started using multiple JVMs (for
example when clustering), as non final statics aren't really allowed in
EJB land either. Anyone tried log4j on a cluster?

(I'm refering to section 18.1.2 of the EJB spec, version 1.1 for these
limitations)

Thanks for any advice
	Gareth