Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by batusek <ro...@ysoft.com> on 2011/05/26 14:09:37 UTC

License not shown in report of extended module

Hello all,

I am quite new to Ivy and I try to put all our jars into an order. I have
already created Ivy descriptors for some jars and realized that many of them
have a lot of elements in common (I use license here as an example).
Therefore I have created an abstract module descriptor (example for Apache
modules), with common elements like this:

<ivy-module version="2.0">
    <info organisation="3rdparty" module="apache-library" revision="1.0"
status="release">
        <license name="Apache commons"
url="http://commons.apache.org/license.html"/>
        <description>
            Abstract antecendent of all Apache libraries used in <our
product>
        </description>
    </info>
    <publications/>
</ivy-module>

The concrete libraries than extend this module like this:

<ivy-module version="2.0">
    <info organisation="3rdparty" module="commons-lang" revision="2.4"
status="release">
        <extends organisation="3rdparty" module="apache-library"
revision="latest.release"/>
    </info>

    <publications>
        <artifact name="commons-lang" type="jar" ext="jar" conf="release"/>
    </publications>
</ivy-module>

Then I have a Ivy descriptor file for our product, the relevant part is:
    <info organisation="<our company>" module="<our product>"/>
    <dependencies>
        <dependency org="3rdparty" name="commons-lang" rev="latest.release"
conf="*->release"/>
        <dependency org="3rdparty" name="apache-library"
rev="latest.release" conf="*->release"/>
    </dependencies>

In the build file, I try to generate a report by the following commands:
        <ivy:resolve/>
        <ivy:report todir="report"/>

The report is generated, but the commons-lang module contains no license. I
would expect that as it extends the "apache-library" module, it will also
share its license.

Or do I understand it wrong?