Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by babloosony <ba...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/15 12:26:16 UTC

Xerces problem with AXIS 1.2 RC2

Hi All,

I am using below environment:

Apache AXIS 1.2 RC2
IBM WSAD 5.1.2
WebSphere 5.0 Application Server (WAS)

Now the axis web application that we have inside AXIS 1.2 RC2
distribution downloaded does not have xerces jars inside WEB-INF\lib
directory.

Now from where and what version of XERCES jars (can anyone name all
these jars) should I download and keep inside WEB-INF\lib so that they
work in sync with xerces used interally axis jars and do not conflict
with IBM' WSAD or WAS when may internally used its only version of
XERCES.

Please suggest ...

- Kumar.

Re: Xerces problem with AXIS 1.2 RC2

Posted by "David D. Lucas" <dd...@lse.com>.
Hi Kumar,

I would include my own xerces.jar in the WEB-INF/lib file as well
as set the CLASSLOADER properties (somewhere under WEB MODULES) inside
WebSphere to be PARENT LAST.  The default is PARENT FIRST which puts all
the libraries from WAS on the path first.  By reversing it you force
your WAR file and its contents to be on the list first and getting what
you want.

Best Wishes,
Dave

babloosony wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using below environment:
>
> Apache AXIS 1.2 RC2
> IBM WSAD 5.1.2
> WebSphere 5.0 Application Server (WAS)
>
> Now the axis web application that we have inside AXIS 1.2 RC2
> distribution downloaded does not have xerces jars inside WEB-INF\lib
> directory.
>
> Now from where and what version of XERCES jars (can anyone name all
> these jars) should I download and keep inside WEB-INF\lib so that they
> work in sync with xerces used interally axis jars and do not conflict
> with IBM' WSAD or WAS when may internally used its only version of
> XERCES.
>
> Please suggest ...
>
> - Kumar.

| David Lucas                      mailto: ddlucas @ lse.com |
| Lucas Software Engineering, Inc.   (740) 964-6248 Voice    |
| Unix,Java,C++,CORBA,XML,EJB        (614) 668-4020 Mobile   |
| Middleware,Frameworks              (888) 866-4728 Fax/Msg  |
| GPS Location:  40.0150 deg Lat,  -82.6378 deg Long         |
| IMHC: "Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life."  |
| IMHC: "I know where I am; I know where I'm going."    <><  |

Notes: PGP Key Block=http://www.lse.com/~ddlucas/pgpblock.txt
IMHO="in my humble opinion" IMHC="in my humble conviction"
All trademarks above are those of their respective owners.