Posted to users@maven.apache.org by dev dev <gu...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/13 20:19:55 UTC

Using tag for plugin

I noticed a few of the sample pom.xml files are using <inherited> tag.
For instance, the below pom.xml snippet.

 <plugin>
        <inherited>true</inherited>
        <artifactId>maven-deploy-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>2.3</version>

What is its purpose of using <inherited>?

Thanks
dev

Re: Using tag for plugin

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Yes, absolutely correct. It really only makes sense to set inherited=false.

Wayne

Re: Using tag for plugin

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.

Re: Using tag for plugin