Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Holly Cummins <ho...@googlemail.com> on 2012/07/29 22:33:48 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Aries blueprint bundle, proxy bundle, and jndi bundle releases, plus ejb, application, and transaction bundles

I've staged a release candidate for the next set of bundles. This
release is the big one - it gets blueprint-bundle released, along with
proxy and jndi uber-bundles. There are only a few bits of Aries
function and the itests left to go out. This release also has the
respun transaction.blueprint and ejb.modeller bundles from the last
release.

The novel thing about this release is that we have our first 1.0.1
bundle; as Tim correctly pointed out, the jmx.blueprint.core bundle
exported the org.apache.aries.jmx.blueprint.codec package at version
0.0.0, which needs to be corrected before the jmx.blueprint.core
bundle is wrapped up into the jmx.blueprint uber-bundle. I think we
also want to get the correctly versioned package out into the field
before any users pick it up.

WHAT'S BEEN RELEASED?

The modules are staged and tagged as follows:

blueprint-bundle
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/aries/tags/org.apache.aries.blueprint-1.0.0

proxy-bundle
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/aries/tags/org.apache.aries.proxy-1.0.0

jndi-bundle
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/aries/tags/org.apache.aries.jndi-1.0.0

jmx-blueprint-core
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/aries/tags/org.apache.aries.jmx.blueprint.core-1.0.1

application-deployment-management
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/aries/tags/org.apache.aries.application.deployment.management-1.0.0

transaction-blueprint
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/aries/tags/org.apache.aries.transaction.blueprint-1.0.0

ejb-modeller
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/aries/tags/org.apache.aries.ejb.modeller-1.0.0

VERIFYING THE RELEASE

Instructions for verifying the release are at
http://aries.apache.org/development/verifyingrelease.html.
Alternately, cut and paste the following to run a full check:

wget --no-check-certificate
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/aries/scripts/verify_staged_release.sh
chmod a+x verify_staged_release.sh
./verify_staged_release.sh 095 mytempdirectory 2>&1 | tee verifyresults.txt
grep FAIL verifyresults.txt
grep ERROR verifyresults.txt

SOURCE ZIPS

Artifacts are in one staged repo,
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-095/.
Links to the *.zip files for each module are provided below:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-095/org/apache/aries/application/org.apache.aries.application.deployment.management/1.0.0/org.apache.aries.application.deployment.management-1.0.0-source-release.zip

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-095/org/apache/aries/blueprint/org.apache.aries.blueprint/1.0.0/org.apache.aries.blueprint-1.0.0-source-release.zip

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-095/org/apache/aries/ejb/org.apache.aries.ejb.modeller/1.0.0/org.apache.aries.ejb.modeller-1.0.0-source-release.zip

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-095/org/apache/aries/jmx/org.apache.aries.jmx.blueprint.core/1.0.1/org.apache.aries.jmx.blueprint.core-1.0.1-source-release.zip

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-095/org/apache/aries/jndi/org.apache.aries.jndi/1.0.0/org.apache.aries.jndi-1.0.0-source-release.zip

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-095/org/apache/aries/proxy/org.apache.aries.proxy/1.0.0/org.apache.aries.proxy-1.0.0-source-release.zip

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-095/org/apache/aries/transaction/org.apache.aries.transaction.blueprint/1.0.0/org.apache.aries.transaction.blueprint-1.0.0-source-release.zip

The RAT and IANAL build checks passed. Note that, although RAT is
configured to ignore *.MF and other files that do not require the ASF
licence, theses files are still reported incorrectly as RAT failures. As
before, archetype-catalog.xml files fail the SHA checks but probably
shouldn't be checked. There are also some spurious RAT warnings for
NOTICE.vm files.

COMPLIANCE TESTS

The CT reports can be viewed at
http://aries.apache.org/downloads/ct/1.0.0/, and the previous set of
reports are at http://aries.apache.org/downloads/ct/0.3/

org.osgi.test.cases.blueprint.html:7 (5)
/org.osgi.test.cases.blueprint.java5.html:0 (0)
org.osgi.test.cases.blueprint.secure.html:0 (0)
org.osgi.test.cases.jmx.html:18 (18)
org.osgi.test.cases.jndi.html:7 (3, or 5 when run on recent Sun VMs)
org.osgi.test.cases.jndi.secure.html:0 (0)
org.osgi.test.cases.transaction.html:0 (0)

The vote will be open for 72 hours, closing Wednesday night.

[ ] +1
[ ]  0
[ ] -1

Re: [VOTE] Apache Aries blueprint bundle, proxy bundle, and jndi bundle releases, plus ejb, application, and transaction bundles

Posted by Holly Cummins <ho...@googlemail.com>.
Noooo, I triple-checked its manifest, but still not carefully enough,
apparently! I'll remove it from the release and try Guillaume's trick of
the compile transitive dependency instead of the provided dependency and
see if that improves matters.

Posted by Timothy Ward <ti...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Graham Charters <gc...@gmail.com>.
+1

Ran the full check and all went through clean.

Graham.

[RESULT] [VOTE] Apache Aries blueprint bundle, proxy bundle, and jndi bundle releases, plus ejb, application, and transaction bundles

Posted by Holly Cummins <ho...@googlemail.com>.
Thanks everyone for your votes and comments. The vote has been running
for 72 hours, and has now passed, with one exception. The package
imports on the proxy bundle were not strict enough, so I've withdrawn
that bundle from the release.

Here are the results:

[+1] 3 There are 3 binding votes from PMC members (Graham Charters,
Guillaume Nodet, and Tim Ward), and 2 non-binding (Christoph
Gritschenberger, Andreas Pieber).
[0] 0
[-1] 0

I'll promote the approved bundles to maven repositories and the Apache
download site. There may be some build instability since I'm going to
have to move dependencies to released versions before Nexus has a
chance to mirror the artefacts to Maven Central, but it should be
temporary. I won't update links on the Aries download page yet.

Cheers,
Holly

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Tests and build working correctly for my linux mashine; Karaf is
working fine with the releases.

Kind regards,
Andreas

Posted by Christoph Gritschenberger <ch...@gmail.com>.