Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Sie, Yang" <ya...@fmr.com> on 2006/09/12 02:42:28 UTC

jetspeed2 failed to start when tomcat is started as a windows service

Hello:

We have JS2 running on Tomcat. JS2 works fine if I started with
startup.bat under tomcat's /bin/ directory. However, JS2 failed to
initialize if I started my Tomcat as a window's service. Please advise.
Thank you.

---Yang

Re: jetspeed2 failed to start when tomcat is started as a windows service

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Sie, Yang wrote:
> Hello:
>
> We have JS2 running on Tomcat. JS2 works fine if I started with
> startup.bat under tomcat's /bin/ directory. However, JS2 failed to
> initialize if I started my Tomcat as a window's service. Please advise.
> Thank you.

Make sure to set CATALINA_HOME in your environment to point to the
Tomcat installation directory

There are a lot of options and parameters, see here:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/windows-service-howto.html

try running tomcat5w to easily configure