Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/29 21:07:29 UTC

Checking in our site

Hi guys,

It's a good idea to check our full website for 1.0 in, so it can be
retrieved in case of needs and also published at some different location
later on when we'll be updating everything for the next release. So we can
either:

1. Check it in the release branches -> looong checkout
2. Create a new site directory beside trunk, tags and branches to hold the
different site versions (like site/1.0).

I'd personally go for #2, any strong opposing opinion? Bike shed bait.

Matthieu

Re: Checking in our site

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.
Btw forgot to mention, the issue is also site backup, in case the whole
world goes down. AFAIK confluence sites aren't backed up.

Re: Checking in our site

Posted by Assaf Arkin <ar...@intalio.com>.
On 5/29/07, Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com> wrote:

> I was thinking copying the pages in Confluence itself (so the Confluence
> markup, not the HTML).
>
> If that's not easily possible, then I think we should migrate the
> documentation outside of Confluence to a system that scales better, both
> in
> terms of versioning and editing/aggregation.   I'm thinking something like
> Textile/Markdown wrapped with Haml+Sass and everything sitting in a
> separate
> section of our SVN.

Markdown is slightly easier for authoring, it reads more like text you'd
want to read (when not formatted as HTML), but you sometimes bump into
can't-quite-do cases. Textile deals with those better, at the expense of
something that looks a little more like a markup language.

I personally prefer Textile if the expected output is HTML.

Of course, the state of the art is editing either one using a text editor,
and SVN managing the versioning yourself.

Assaf

And we need to start exporting the Confluence site as backup!

Re: Checking in our site

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.

Re: Checking in our site

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.