Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Gnanakumar <gn...@zoniac.com> on 2012/07/14 09:34:19 UTC

Query facet count and its matching documents

Hi,

We're running Apache Solr v3.1 and SolrJ is our client.

We're passing multiple Arbitrary Faceting Query (facet.query) to get the
number of matching documents (the facet count) evaluated over the search
results in a *single* Solr query.  My use case demands the actual matching
facet results/documents/fields also along with facet count.

My question is, is it possible to get facet query matching results along
with facet count in a single Solr query call?

Regards,
Gnanam

RE: Query facet count and its matching documents

Posted by Gnanakumar <gn...@zoniac.com>.
Any ideas on this?

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
:
: My question is, is it possible to get facet query matching results along
: with facet count in a single Solr query call?

nope .. there's nothing in Solr to give you these results in a single
query -- you could write a component to do something like this, but you'd
have to think about how you want to deal with the fl/start/rows of these
extra queries.

Note: one thing you can do with the psudo-fields feature of Solr 4.0-ALPHA
is include a psuedo-field with each document in the main result
set indicating it's score from arbitrary queries -- including tose queries
you are using in facet.query.

Something like this works with the Solr 4.0-ALPHA example data...

http://localhost:8983/solr/select
?q=*:*
&apple=name:apple
&electronics=cat:electronics
&facet=true
&facet.query={!key=apple v=$apple}
&facet.query={! key=electronics v=$electronics}
&fl=id,electronics:query($electronics),apple:query($apple)

-Hoss