Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/04 18:36:21 UTC

Re: What should be in Tuscany SCA Java release 1.2?

Time flies and is already March. I'd like to restart discussion on
this thread and start building a list of things we want to do for SCA
1.2 and I'd also like to volunteer for Release Manager for SCA 1.2
release.

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer

Re: What should be in Tuscany SCA Java release 1.2?

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Luciano Resende wrote:
> Time flies and is already March. I'd like to restart discussion on
> this thread and start building a list of things we want to do for SCA
> 1.2 and I'd also like to volunteer for Release Manager for SCA 1.2
> release.
>
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 8:52 AM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>>  It's probably about time we started talking about what's going to be in
>>  Tuscany SCA Java release 1.2. From the past timeline I would expect us to be
>>  trying for a release mid to late March which is not very far away.
>>
>>  Some of the things I'd like to see are;
>>
>>  More progress on our domain level composite and generally the processing
>>  that has to go there
>>  There have been a lot of policy changes going on and it would be good to get
>>  them in. Also linked to the item above we should look at how policy affects
>>  domain level processing.
>>  Don't know if it's achievable but some elements of the runtime story we have
>>  been talking about on the mail list for a while now
>>
>>  Feel free to add topics on this thread. I've also opened up the
>>  Java-SCA-1.2category in JIRA so start associating JIRA with it, for
>>  example, if
>>
>>  1 - you've already marked a JIRA as fixed and its sitting at Java-SCA-Next
>>  2 - you are working or are going to work on the JIRA for 1.2
>>  3 - you would like to see the JIRA fixed for 1.2
>>
>>  Of course everyone is invited to contribute and submit patches for JIRA
>>  whether they be for bugs or new features. Inevitably not all "wish list"
>>  features will get done so you improve your chances of getting you favorite
>>  feature in by submitting a patch for it.
>>
>>  Regards
>>
>>  Simon

+1 from me for Luciano as RM for 1.2!

I'll do a pass through JIRAs as suggested by Simon earlier in this
thread and will also try to post tomorrow about the items I'd like to
see in 1.2.

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: What should be in Tuscany SCA Java release 1.2?

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
Yes its about time we got another release out and +1 to Luciano as RM.

Regarding contents and timing of 1.2, my preferences would be for less and
soon rather than trying to resolve all the open discussions on runtimes and
distribution structures and SPIs etc which could take some time to get
consensus on.

   ...ant

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
The main thing I'd like to do for 1.2 is to try to finish off the JMS
binding so that it as much as possible fully implements the spec but that
wont be done by middle of next week. Guess i don't mind too much just
committing things twice in trunk and 1.2 brn but could the branch be taken a
little later say after Friday 14th?

   ...ant

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.