Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org> on 2017/06/27 09:06:32 UTC

Fwd: [JENKINS] [IMPORTANT] - Jenkins Migration and Upgrade (And JDK7 deprecation)

This can affect our builds :\

It's about a time to think on switching to JDK8

Posted by Yasser Zamani <ya...@live.com>.
Yeah! following paragraph:

	"This is a major release and breaks Jenkins in terms of Maven jobs for
JDK 7 in the same way that it happened for Maven and JDK 6 a few months
back."

means we should drop support of both JDK6 & JDK7.

Posted by Christoph Nenning <Ch...@lex-com.net>.
In theory it should be possible to create new build jobs with type
"freestyle" instead of type "maven". Then maven could be invoked via shell
and jdk 7 (or even 6). But all configuration (e.g. collection of test
results and aritfacts) must be done manually then.

wdyt?

Regards,
Christoph