Posted to users@maven.apache.org by mjkelleher <mj...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/05 21:10:18 UTC

maven deploy plugin

All mentioned projects inherit from the same parent-POM.

I have several maven project which produce small (50k-300k) JAR files.  All
of these deploy fine to Archiva.  I have one maven project that is similar
in structure to all the rest that produces a 2M JAR.  This project will not
deploy to Archiva.  It exits with the following exception:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.4:deploy (default-deploy) on
project nielsenUtilities: Error deploying artifact: Transfer error: The
server did not respond within the configured timeout. -> [Help 1]

I have searched far and wide for a reason/explanation/fix for this error.

Has anyone encountered such an issue?  I am thinking that it is some kind of
timeout on the maven side.  Maven does not receive a response within a
"reasonable" amount of time, and exits as though it were an error.

Re: maven deploy plugin

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> of these deploy fine to Archiva.  I have one maven project that is similar
> in structure to all the rest that produces a 2M JAR.  This project will not
> deploy to Archiva.  It exits with the following exception:

Did you post this on the Archiva list? They may know about a defect
either in Maven or Archiva (or their interaction) which is triggering
this error.

Wayne