Posted to dev@xmlbeans.apache.org by Stephen Williams <sd...@lig.net> on 2010/12/13 10:17:25 UTC

OpenExiProposal announcement and request for collaborators

We are happy to publish the OpenEXI Apache Incubator proposal[1].  OpenEXI is a project to create open source implementations of the
W3C Efficient XML Interchange (EXI) specification in multiple languages, Java and C++ initially.  EXI is an XML infoset equivalent
encoding in a highly compact binary format.

We would very much appreciate any interest or collaboration on the incubator proposal and the OpenEXI project.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/OpenExiProposal

Thanks,
Stephen
--
Stephen D. Williams sdw@lig.net stephendwilliams@gmail.com LinkedIn: http://sdw.st/in V:650-450-UNIX (8649) V:866.SDW.UNIX
V:703.371.9362 F:703.995.0407 AIM:sdw Skype:StephenDWilliams Yahoo:sdwlignet Resume: http://sdw.st/gres Personal: http://sdw.st

Re: OpenExiProposal announcement and request for collaborators

Posted by Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stephen,

It's great that you folks are contributing your work to the ASF. I've
gone through the proposal briefly and for starters it looks good. I
noticed that you have mentioned about 2 code bases (Fujitsu and NPS)
in the proposal. Can you please elaborate bit more on this and explain
which code base does what? May be you should clearly describe this in
the proposal itself. Also a section describing the areas of the EXI
spec that you have already implemented and the pending areas that need
to be implemented will probably answer a lot of technical questions.

Overall this looks like a very interesting idea and I'd like to
provide some contributions to the project in the future. Let me know
how I (and other interested individuals) can help.

Thanks,
Hiranya

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 2:47 PM, Stephen Williams <sd...@lig.net> wrote:
> We are happy to publish the OpenEXI Apache Incubator proposal[1].  OpenEXI
> is a project to create open source implementations of the W3C Efficient XML
> Interchange (EXI) specification in multiple languages, Java and C++
> initially.  EXI is an XML infoset equivalent encoding in a highly compact
> binary format.
>
> We would very much appreciate any interest or collaboration on the incubator
> proposal and the OpenEXI project.
>
> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/OpenExiProposal
>
> Thanks,
> Stephen
> --
> Stephen D. Williams sdw@lig.net stephendwilliams@gmail.com LinkedIn:
> http://sdw.st/in V:650-450-UNIX (8649) V:866.SDW.UNIX V:703.371.9362
> F:703.995.0407 AIM:sdw Skype:StephenDWilliams Yahoo:sdwlignet Resume:
> http://sdw.st/gres Personal: http://sdw.st facebook.com/sdwlig
> twitter.com/scienteer

Hiranya Jayathilaka
Senior Software Engineer;