Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Charles Benett <ch...@benett1.demon.co.uk> on 2001/05/09 14:56:55 UTC

[Proposal]HelloName config

We currently have identical config elements for HelloName for each
protocol handler. If we add a method to interface MailServer -
getHelloName(), then we can reduce these to one element in the james
config element.
Any objections?
Any volunteers?
Charles

Re: [Proposal]HelloName config

Posted by Harmeet Bedi <hb...@yahoo.com>.
2 concerns

1.  Would there be a chance that different protocol servers may want to send
a different Hello message
2. I think the Avalon Configuration facility should allow reuse of
configuration elements. That would eliminate duplication. I think, Peter had
alluded to such a reuse facility earlier.

However it makes things simpler, removes duplication etc. so could be a good
idea.

Based on the concerns, I would say -0.

Harmeet