Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by yeyz <ye...@cnpc.com.cn> on 2012/12/17 03:36:25 UTC

[vfs]

Hi, everyone.

         I am a new comer to apache vfs. But when I import the vfs project
to eclipse through maven, there are five errors listed in the [problems]
list.

And one is :

         Description      Resource Path Location   Type

Project build error: Non-resolvable parent POM for
org.apache.commons:commons-vfs2-project:2.1-SNAPSHOT: Failure to transfer
org.apache.commons:commons-parent:pom:27 from http://repo1.maven.org/maven2
was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until
the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced. Original
error: Could not transfer artifact org.apache.commons:commons-parent:pom:27
from/to central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2): Connect times out and
'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM     pom.xml         /Commons
VFS Core        line 1         Maven pom Loading Problem

And when I want to use vfs in another Java project use :

         <repository>

            <id>commons-vfs</id>

            <name>Apache Commons VFS Repository Group</name>

            <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/
<https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/%3c/url> </url>

            <layout>default</layout>

            <snapshots>

                <enabled>true</enabled>

            </snapshots>

        </repository>

    <dependency>

           <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>

           <artifactId>commons-vfs2</artifactId>

           <version>2.0</version>

       </dependency>

    Or

        <dependency>

            <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>

            <artifactId>commons-vfs2</artifactId>

            <version>2.1-SNAPSHOT</version>

        </dependency>

         The jar cannot be downloaded correct.

         So where can I found the  maven  repository of  commons-vfs? And
how can I extend the File System protocol for the commons-vfs?

Thanks very much.

  Ye

2012-12-17

Re: [vfs]

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Are you checking out from SVN?

Re: [vfs]

Posted by Jörg Schaible <Jo...@scalaris.com>.
yeyz wrote:

> Hi, everyone.
>
>          I am a new comer to apache vfs. But when I import the vfs project
> to eclipse through maven, there are five errors listed in the [problems]
> list.
>
> And one is :
>
>          Description      Resource Path Location   Type
>
> Project build error: Non-resolvable parent POM for
> org.apache.commons:commons-vfs2-project:2.1-SNAPSHOT: Failure to transfer
> org.apache.commons:commons-parent:pom:27 from
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository,
> resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central
> has elapsed or updates are forced. Original error: Could not transfer
> artifact org.apache.commons:commons-parent:pom:27 from/to central
> (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2): Connect times out

[snip]

As Ralph has already answered to your first thread, you seem to have a
network problem, because the missing file is there:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/commons/commons-parent/27/

This will not go away by repeating the same question, sorry.

- Jörg