Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/12 21:05:07 UTC

[VOTE] Release Yoko ORB subproject 1.0, RC2

All,

I've prepared a release candidate of Geronimo Yoko ORB 1.0 for your
review and vote.  This version has the corrected copyright dates in the
NOTICES files and also corrected the missing headers in the poms.  The
extraneous license files and the ws sample in distribution have been
deleted.  These were relics of the web services binding support that was
adopted by the CXF project.

The source for the Yoko ORB release currently resides here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/yoko/tags/yoko-1.0

This will also be the final tag version if the release vote is approved.

The maven artifacts for the release can be found here:
http://people.apache.org/~rickmcguire/staging-repo/yoko

There are 4 different components involved here, the core, rmi-impl,
rmi-spec, and yoko-corba-spec.  Each components has a jar file and also
generated javadoc and source jars.  For convenience, the artifacts can
be located using these URLs:

http://people.apache.org/~rickmcguire/staging-repo/yoko/org/apache/yoko/yoko-core/1.0/

http://people.apache.org/~rickmcguire/staging-repo/yoko/org/apache/yoko/rmi-impl/1.0/

http://people.apache.org/~rickmcguire/staging-repo/yoko/org/apache/yoko/rmi-spec/1.0/

http://people.apache.org/~rickmcguire/staging-repo/yoko/org/apache/yoko/yoko-corba-spec/1.0/

When the release vote is approved, these maven artifacts will be moved
to the m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository at Apache.

[ ] +1 Release Yoko 1.0
[ ] 0 No opinion
[ ] -1 Do not release Yoko 1.0 (please provide rationale)

I'll plan on calling this vote on Thursday afternoon (4 PM EST).

Rick

Re: [VOTE] Release Yoko ORB subproject 1.0, RC2

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
+1

Joe

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
Oops. I think I failed to mention one other thing... The following
files should be deleted. They no longer apply to Yoko.

yoko-1.0/DISCLAIMER.txt
yoko-1.0/STATUS

They aren't legal show-stoppers. However, I'd recommend removing them
and reducing confusion.

Everything else looks good. Except for those two files, I'm +1.

--kevan

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.
The artifacts have all been updated for these changes.

Rick

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
Rick,

Posted by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@gmail.com>.