Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Danushka Menikkumbura <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/04 06:19:50 UTC

Different Versions of Third-Party Libraries

Hi Devs,

I just happened to notice that certain Airavata modules use different
versions of the same 3rd-party library. For an instance GFac core
uses jackson-mapper-asl 1.8.9 whereas REST client API uses
jackson-mapper-asl 1.9.2. I do not see any reason as to why they have to be
different. It is the same with jersey-core as well and there could be few
more.

I do see few version numbers defined in the root pom, but still as I can
see they are not referred to in modules in some cases.

I think we should fix this. I can do it over the weekend but doing it in
hackathon mode would be more efficient as I believe.

Thanks,
Danushka

Re: Different Versions of Third-Party Libraries

Posted by Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com>.
+1, I have fixed this sometimes back, seems  like we couldn't maintain it
last few months development.

Lahiru

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 9:38 AM, Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu> wrote:

--
System Analyst Programmer
PTI Lab

Re: Different Versions of Third-Party Libraries

Posted by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu>.

Re: Different Versions of Third-Party Libraries

Posted by Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Danushka,

We are at the edge of 0.7 release and almost feature freezed and in RC3,
how about we wait until next release to do this and I am +1 to do this in
hackathon mode.

Regards
Lahiru

--