Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org> on 2021/02/01 08:22:48 UTC

Re: Newbie question: Machine Learning Library of Apache Flink

Hi,

it is true that there is no dedicated machine learning library for
Flink. Flink is a general data processing framework. It allows to
embedded any available algorithm library within user-defined functions.

Flink's focus is on stream processing. There are not many dedicated
stream processing algorithms out there. Usually, people run batch jobs
to train models and just evaluate the model in independent parallel
operator instances.

There are some ML efforts going on and I'm sure there will be more in
the future. But for now the community focuses on developing a very good
streaming runtime core.

https://github.com/alibaba/Alink

https://www.ververica.com/blog/flink-for-online-machine-learning-and-real-time-processing-at-weibo

I hope this helps a bit.