Posted to dev@heron.apache.org by Ning Wang <wa...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/02 07:18:49 UTC

7/2/2019 Bi-Weekly OSS Heron Sync-up

Hi, all~,

It has been two weeks since our last sync! Let's share our works for the
last two weeks in this thread.

My updates:
- investigation on rate limit is done. The feature works as expected in
both Storm and Heron API. We did find out that Java serializer caused some
IO issue in a high throughput job. I am thinking of making Kryo as default
serializer with Heron API. Any thoughts are welcome.
- Prepared 0.20.1 rc3 for vote. BTW, please vote!
- Some discussions about 2-phase commit.

Regards,
--ning

Re: 7/2/2019 Bi-Weekly OSS Heron Sync-up

Posted by Xiaoyao Qian <qi...@illinois.edu>.
My updates:
Added spout specific extra links to heron UI, which could be handy to debug
topologies failures.

--
Xiaoyao Qian
University of Illinois-Urbana-Champaign

Re: 7/2/2019 Bi-Weekly OSS Heron Sync-up

Posted by Ning Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
KK. Thanks for the input!

Posted by Josh Fischer <jo...@joshfischer.io>.
Hi all,