Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Arturo Zentella Dehesa <li...@yahoo.com.mx> on 2006/12/30 17:33:34 UTC

[users@httpd] where to start automatic

Hi there,

Sorry, perhaps its more a linux question. For learning
"from the very basement" I (as root) dowld + make +
inst Apache/2.2.3 in a linux 2.6.17-5mdv system. For
now its again doing well but:
¿Could someone tell me How/Where should I tell the
sistem (or apache) to start when the sistem starts? I
have to "apachectl -k graceful" manually on the first
login.

Feliz Año Nuevo!.wish.mx
:-) nw Yr
Arturo

Re: [users@httpd] where to start automatic

Posted by Davide Bianchi <da...@onlyforfun.net>.
Arturo Zentella Dehesa wrote:
> ¿Could someone tell me How/Where should I tell the
> sistem (or apache) to start when the sistem starts? I

It depends by the kind of distribution you have, in a SystemV oriented
one you have to add a symlink in /etc/rcX.d (where X is the runlevel) to
start the process, in more BSD oriented you have a rc.local script
to take care of this kind of things.

Davide

--
If USENET is anarchy, IRC is a paranoid schizophrenic after 6 days on speed.
-- Chris "Saundo" Saunderson