Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Horvath, Ruth (Ruth) ** CTR **" <ra...@avaya.com> on 2005/04/13 19:16:27 UTC

Upgrading from tomcat 3.2.2 to 3.3.2 on Windows

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find this topic
in the archives.
I'm also new to tomcat. I'm not a developer, but a member of our system
verification team.
I've been asked to evaluate what needs to be done to upgrade our current
version of tomcat.

Currently, our application is using tomcat 3.2.2 (I know - we need to
get into the 21st century) The management team is looking to upgrade to
3.3.2 (baby steps - this is for a point release - our next major release
we hope to convince them to at least use 5.0) Anyway, if I upgrade from
3.2.2 to 3.3.2, what is this buying me (improved performance - what) ?
What is the best way to test (or should I just verify I didn't break
anything that was previously working) ?

What is the best way to upgrade (without loosing my customized
xml/properties files) Is it good enough to look at what's currently in
my 3.2.2 bin/conf/lib directories and just copy in the 3.3.2 versions of
those files currently used ?

Also, my current 3.2.2 has jk_nt_service.exe and isapi_redirect.dll in
the bin directory, but I don't see these in the 3.3.2 bin.  Where would
I find these ? These look like they've been modified (according to the
release notes), so I'm guessing I need to find them.

Thank-you for your time and patience,

Re: Upgrading from tomcat 3.2.2 to 3.3.2 on Windows

Posted by Jonathan Eric Miller <je...@uchicago.edu>.
Reading the changelog is a good place to start...

Jon