Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Damien Hull <dh...@digitaloverload.net> on 2004/11/30 00:24:45 UTC

[users@httpd] subversion+apache+berkeley db

I'm trying to get subversion and apache installed. For this to work I
need Berkeley db. My problem is that apache can't see the Berkeley db
libraries. Here's what I have

1. OpenBSD 3.6 with ports
2. Subversion 1.1.1
3. Apache 2.0.5

Here's what I have done so far.

1. Installed the port for Berkeley db 4
2. tried to install apache 2.0.52

When I configure Apache it stops and tels me that it can't find Berkeley
db. Here's how I configured apache for Berkeley db.

        ./configure --with-berkeley-db=/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/include

I can't figure out why this doesn't work. Berkeley db is
in /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/include. If anyone has any ideas I
would like to here them. I've been working on this for two days and I
really needed it two days ago.

--
Damien Hull <dh...@digitaloverload.net>

Re: [users@httpd] subversion+apache+berkeley db

Posted by Dick Davies <ra...@hellooperator.net>.
* Damien Hull <dh...@digitaloverload.net> [1125 23:25]:
> I'm trying to get subversion and apache installed. For this to work I
> need Berkeley db. My problem is that apache can't see the Berkeley db
> libraries. Here's what I have
>
> 1. OpenBSD 3.6 with ports
> 2. Subversion 1.1.1
> 3. Apache 2.0.5
>
> Here's what I have done so far.
>
> 1. Installed the port for Berkeley db 4
> 2. tried to install apache 2.0.52
>
> When I configure Apache it stops and tels me that it can't find Berkeley
> db. Here's how I configured apache for Berkeley db.
>
>         ./configure --with-berkeley-db=/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/include

Try:

         ./configure --with-berkeley-db=/usr/local

If that doesn't help, how about some error messages?

--
With that big new contract, I've been able to make those government mandated
upgrades you've all been suing me about. - Prof. Farnsworth