Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jerry Baker <je...@attbi.com> on 2002/07/12 08:07:23 UTC

HTTP 403 served as text/plain

Using the current CVS, Apache 2.0.40-dev is sending HTTP 403 messages as
text/plain.

When I set up a deny from [my ip], I get a plain text message that looks
like this:

<title>403 Forbidden</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Forbidden</h1>
on this server.</p>
error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.</p>
<hr />
<address>Apache/2.0.40-dev Server at jerbaker.dhs.org Port 80</address>

Re: HTTP 403 served as text/plain

Posted by Jerry Baker <je...@attbi.com>.
Greg Ames says:

>Jerry Baker wrote:
>>
>> Using the current CVS, Apache 2.0.40-dev is sending HTTP 403 messages as
>> text/plain.
>>
>> When I set up a deny from [my ip], I get a plain text message that looks
>> like this:
>>
>> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
>> <title>403 Forbidden</title>
>
>yeah, we have hacks on top of hacks in ap_send_error_response and functions it
>calls, resulting in content-type being set in the wrong request_req sometimes
>when we put out canned error messages.  I tried cleaning up some of the hacks a
>while back, but it was more complex than I thought.  I suppose we could just
>focus on getting the content-type and other related fields set in the correct
>request_req and make it look prettier at the browser.
>
>Greg

Incidentally, it was fixed at some point after this email, and before 07-16.

Re: HTTP 403 served as text/plain

Posted by Greg Ames <gr...@apache.org>.