Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Suchi sekar <ss...@yahoo.com> on 2001/04/16 20:18:25 UTC

Security - Simple Realm/JDBC Realm - Pls Help

Hi
I am relatively new to tomcat and I hope someone can
help me. I am using JDBC realm to protect parts of my
web app. Everything including authentication was
working great on my stand alone tomcat server.
Recently I moved my web app to apache/tomcat
installation. I configured apache/tomcat as per docs.
Everything is working fine except the authentication
module. The login screen pops up correctly when I try
to access a protected URL. But when I type in the user
name and password it gives me a "404 not found URL
"j_security_check". It seems to be looking under
"<web_app_doc_root>/"j_security_check". I have checked
the server.xml and the web.xml and find nothing amiss.
Am I missing some class path/required library, Can
someone point me to what I am missing?
Thank You very much
Suchi

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Re: Security - Simple Realm/JDBC Realm - Pls Help

Posted by Suchi sekar <ss...@yahoo.com>.
Hi
  I finally got the Form based authentication to work
with Apache/tomcat. Going through the archives I found
a lot of questions about this problem but no complete
answer, so may be this will help somebody out there.
To get this to work, I did the following:

1. Need to use ajp13. I could not get it to work with
ajp12. So, Add/Uncomment the following in server.xml.
<Connector
className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
          <Parameter name="handler"

value="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp13ConnectionHandler"/>
          <Parameter name="port" value="8009"/>
        </Connector>

2. You need to add the JkMount for j_security_check so
that apache knows it exists. Add the following line
JKMount <whatever_pathto_login>/j_security_check ajp13

3. Since mod_jk.conf.auto is auto generated the above
addition will be lost if you add it there. So, add the
JKMount line to a static configuration file - easiest
is to copy the mod_jk.conf.auto to another file and
add the JKMount line.

4. Include this static file in your apache's
httpd.conf.

5. If you have more than one login page, you might
have to add a JKMount statement for every login page

Suchi