Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Daniel Zhang <zh...@clinicaltools.com> on 2003/05/09 20:53:10 UTC

How to use TcpTunnel

I don't have xwin installed on my Linux where my SOAP service is
running. So TcpTunnelGui does not work on my Linux. I try to use
TcpTunnel(suppose to be text?) but never get SOAP data on screen.
Only says TcpTunnel: ready to rock and roll on port 442
TcpTunnel: tunnelling port 442 to port 443 on host bla-bla.

How can I get SOAP http request with TcpTunnel?

Thanks in advance.

-Daniel

Help !!!!!How to use deploy services at startup of JVM or Tomcat ( wheres soap.xml???)

Posted by "Siddharth Rath (sirath)" <si...@cisco.com>.
Hi ,
I've devloped SOAP service as a part of my application and
Till now I was deploying the same through command line commands
Using the following command
java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://mtdev.c.com:8080/translate/rpcrouter deploy myservice.xml

But I need to deploy these services when the JVM or Tomcat starts up.
I saw one example in a book which suggests to write a class
xConfigManager which
Will implement ConfigManager. Then Configure soap.xml file to include
the services
As by default ConfigManager reads this file. I couldnot find out the
soap.xml
File anywhere in apache-soap (ver 2.3.1).Then read the services from the
file and deploy.
I 'm not able to do that as I couldnot understand the logic of how to
deploy at startup.
Can you please help me in deploying the services at startup.
It will be really great if you please explain  with a code snippet for
the same.
I need to deploy it by Monday. Please help.

Thanx and regards
Sidd

Re: How to use TcpTunnel

Posted by Robert Dietrick <rd...@sega.com>.
I think Scott added terminal-based debugging output to TcpTunnel after
the last official release.  Grab one of the nightly snapshots and it
should work.

-rob

Re: How to use TcpTunnel

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
Your ports would lead me to believe you are using SSL.  Is that the
case?  If you are, the TcpTunnel relays will just show you junk, as
they would try to print the encrypted data stream.

With the newest builds, you can specify a StringBuffer for a "request
copy" for SOAPHTTPConnection, which would give your client app a
chance to see the request buffer before encryption.

Also, since you are using SSL, you could enable SSL debugging on the
client.  At least one of the debug options causes the data being sent
to be dumped in hex and text, I believe.

On 9 May 2003 at 14:53, Daniel Zhang wrote:

> I don't have xwin installed on my Linux where my SOAP service is
> running. So TcpTunnelGui does not work on my Linux. I try to use
> TcpTunnel(suppose to be text?) but never get SOAP data on screen.
> Only says TcpTunnel: ready to rock and roll on port 442
> TcpTunnel: tunnelling port 442 to port 443 on host bla-bla.
>
> How can I get SOAP http request with TcpTunnel?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> -Daniel

Scott Nichol

Do not reply directly to this e-mail address,
as it is filtered to only receive e-mail from
specific mailing lists.