Posted to ftpserver-dev@incubator.apache.org by "Brandon, Paul (MED US) (EXT)" <pa...@siemens.com> on 2007/10/18 11:50:19 UTC

SSL Error SSL/TLS client handshake failed (Error = 0x80090308)

 I am hoping someone can help me with an error that I am getting. I have
 set up the Apache FTP server to do Explicit FTPS (i.e. Implicit=false
in
 ftpd.properties file). I have created a self signed certificate for
 testing and imported it on the client machine. When I connect, I get
the
 error:

     SSL/TLS client handshake failed (Error = 0x80090308)
     SSL: The token supplied to the function is invalid

 Since this looks like a certificate error, I obtained a trial
 certificate from Verisign and installed it with the same results. I
have
 also attempted an Implicit FTPS connection from the client with the
same
 error (with the ftpd properties file set to Implicit=true) . I can
connect and
 transfer files using FTP.  I've looked on the Apache Incubator site,
but I
 can not find any information on this error. Any help or advice would be

 appreciated. Thanks.

 Paul

and are intended only for the addressee(s).
notify the sender by e-mail with a copy to Central.SecurityOffice@siemens.com

Thank you

Re: SSL Error SSL/TLS client handshake failed (Error = 0x80090308)

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
Hi Paul

Brandon, Paul (MED US) (EXT) wrote:
>  I am hoping someone can help me with an error that I am getting. I have
>  set up the Apache FTP server to do Explicit FTPS (i.e. Implicit=false
> in
>  ftpd.properties file). I have created a self signed certificate for
>  testing and imported it on the client machine. When I connect, I get
> the
>  error:
>
>      SSL/TLS client handshake failed (Error = 0x80090308)
>      SSL: The token supplied to the function is invalid

Do you get this error on the client? What client are you using? Does the
FtpServer log say anything?

>  Since this looks like a certificate error, I obtained a trial
>  certificate from Verisign and installed it with the same results. I
> have
>  also attempted an Implicit FTPS connection from the client with the
> same
>  error (with the ftpd properties file set to Implicit=true) . I can
> connect and
>  transfer files using FTP.

So, implicit mode works but not explicit?

/niklas