Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Me Myself and I <st...@live.co.uk> on 2010/11/01 01:10:52 UTC

POI 3.7 Question

Congrats on a new release beta for Apache POI, an
open source Java library used all over the world!

Even by me, in Australia.

-I am finding that methods in the Range class,
Range.insertAfter...
are indeed puting submitted text into an
HWPFDocument, and a destination .doc
file, however, upon opening the destination
document with OpenOffice 3.2.1, and Word XP,
"The quick brown fox jumps over the lady
dog"
only exists as "T".

-Why is this so, can it be fixed?

-Secondly, one can still use the PicturesTable to
extract extant images from
a pre existing word document.

However, if one wishes to insert the data of a
Picture newly into a word document,
I have not met with success when it comes to
generating the
"internal document image header" which goes in
front of the bytestream
of one image, concatenated to any others in
dataStream.

-Has this changed in 3.7, and how might I
successfully embed a Picture
from a java.io.File?