Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Abhishek Dasgupta <ab...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/20 16:53:04 UTC

Introduction and picking an issue

Hi Calcite Devs!
  I am currently working with Calcite and I am fascinated by the myriad of
cool things one can do with it. I would like to contribute to Calcite and
dig more into it. I am specifically looking at the jiras that are labeled
with the 'newbie' tag and I am thinking of picking Calcite-2901
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-2901?jql=project%20%3D%20CALCITE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Open%20AND%20labels%20%3D%20newbie>
.
The status shows it is still open and the comment mentioned by Mr.
Statmatis Zampetakis looks apt. Can I create a PR for this change ? or
another issue if this one is not available?

Thanks,
Abhishek.

Re: Introduction and picking an issue

Posted by Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com>.
Hi Abhishek, and welcome!

We don't use the newbie label systematically [1], so it may be easier to
find something by looking at more recent  JIRAs.

Best,
Stamatis

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/pqnyqyt1w3s7os7ltckjsgqz7f8c0zdt

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.