Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Troy Bull <tr...@uni.edu> on 2005/01/25 16:49:38 UTC

Spamassassin Tools

Re: Spamassassin Tools

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
At 10:49 AM 1/25/2005, Troy Bull wrote:
>I have seen a tools directory referenced, in my v2.63 installation it
>was at /usr/share/doc/spamassassin-tools-2.63/tools.  I installed 3.0.2
>via perl -MCPAN -e shell and I dont have the 3.0.2 version tools
>directory.    What package do i need to install to get the tools
>directory?

You need the tarball. By the extra tools aren't installed by "make
install", as most people don't use them. They just stay wherever you
unpacked the tarball.

Since cpan downloads a tarball, unpacks it and installs it, the unpacked
tarball might be in your CPAN cache, or you can download it directly from
the website.

Re: Spamassassin Tools

Posted by Rainer Sokoll <R....@intershop.de>.
On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 09:49:38AM -0600, Troy Bull wrote:

> I have seen a tools directory referenced, in my v2.63 installation it
> was at /usr/share/doc/spamassassin-tools-2.63/tools.  I installed 3.0.2
> via perl -MCPAN -e shell and I dont have the 3.0.2 version tools
> directory.    What package do i need to install to get the tools
> directory?

The sources:

mailgate2:/usr/local/src/Mail-SpamAssassin-3.0.2# ls tools
README.speedtest                desc_length.pl  split_corpora
bayes_dump_to_trusted_networks  mboxsplit       test_extract
check_whitelist                 sa-stats.pl     triplets.pl
convert_awl_dbm_to_sql          speedtest
mailgate2:/usr/local/src/Mail-SpamAssassin-3.0.2#

Rainer