Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Evaristo José Camarero <ev...@yahoo.es> on 2007/01/15 20:03:03 UTC

AXIS2 FEATURES

Hi:

I am in the phase to evaluate a WS-framework for a
project, and I need support for at least WS-Security
and WS-Addressing specifications. Is there any
detailed information regarding Axis2 compliance with
that specs?

Another important feature is the data-binding. We are
used to work with JAXBRI and we are confortable with
that technology. I have seen that Axis2 implements an
experimental binding for JAXBRI. Do you know what is
th status of that implementation, and if there is any
plan to include it like a stable implementation?

Thanks in advance,

Evaristo

Re: AXIS2 FEATURES

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Axis2 has full support for WS-Addressing, WS-Security, as well as
support for WS-ReliableMessaging, plus other specs. WS-Addressing is
built in (and was tested successfully at the W3C interop). A separate
module (Rampart) provides the WS-Security support.

The JAXBRI code looks ok to me. I played with it a bit and it looks
pretty decent so far. You definitely want the latest build (1.1.1) of
Axis2.

Paul

On 1/15/07, Evaristo José Camarero <ev...@yahoo.es> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I am in the phase to evaluate a WS-framework for a
> project, and I need support for at least WS-Security
> and WS-Addressing specifications. Is there any
> detailed information regarding Axis2 compliance with
> that specs?
>
> Another important feature is the data-binding. We are
> used to work with JAXBRI and we are confortable with
> that technology. I have seen that Axis2 implements an
> experimental binding for JAXBRI. Do you know what is
> th status of that implementation, and if there is any
> plan to include it like a stable implementation?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Evaristo

Paul Fremantle

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle