Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by ilayaraja <il...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/08 05:44:36 UTC

LTR performance issues

LTR with grouping results in very high latency (3x) even while re-ranking 24
top groups.

How is re-ranking implemented in Solr? Is it expected that it would result
in 3x more query time.

Need clarifications on:
1. How many top groups are actually re-ranked, is it exactly what we pass in
reRankDocs?
2. How many documents within each group is re-ranked? Can we control it with
group.limit or some other parameter?

What causes LTR take more time when grouping is performed? Is it scoring the
documents again or merging the re-ranked docs with rest of the docs?

Is there anyway to optimize this?

-----
--Ilay