Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by lieven <li...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/19 20:10:06 UTC

Apache Ignite with log4J2 KafkaAppender - class not found

I'm trying to setup a Apache Ignite/GridGain node with a Log4J2 GridLogger.
Where The log4j config is calling a KafkaAppender to send the logs directly
to a kafka topic.
However the setup fails, when starting the node the required classes are not
found. I installed the kafka-clients-0.9.0.1.jar but still same error.

<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/n11296/startup_screenshot.png>

ignite-log4j2.xml
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/n11296/ignite-log4j2.xml>

default-config.xml
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/n11296/default-config.xml>

<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/n11296/libs_dir.png>

Versioning issue ?

Re: Apache Ignite with log4J2 KafkaAppender - class not found

Posted by lieven <li...@gmail.com>.
Just found out that Apache Ignite is using log4j2 version 2.3, while the
actual version for log4J2 is 2.8.
In the version 2.3 there is no support for KafkaAppender. I can reproduce
the issue in a separate Java program.

Re: Apache Ignite with log4J2 KafkaAppender - class not found

Posted by Lieven Merckx <li...@gmail.com>.
Is that log4j (1) Kafka Appender compatible with log4j2 ? To my
understanding there are completely differently developed. I could be wrong.

Posted by dkarachentsev <dk...@gridgain.com>.
Hi,