Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <da...@apache.org> on 2009/04/01 09:02:54 UTC

VOTE: Rename Apache Wicket to Apache WicketFX

The Wicket PMC has discussed the following action. Because I think it
is prudent that the Wicket community keeps evolving with the state of
Java, I've created a board resolution to rename Wicket to WicketFX
(thanks Igor for the suggestion!)

WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests
of the Foundation and the Apache Wicket community to rename Apache
Wicket to Apache WicketFX to get presentation slots at the JavaOne
conference, and make it easier to obtain JSR status.

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that the project formerly known as the
"Apache Wicket" project, be and hereby is renamed to "Apache
WicketFX"; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache WicketFX PMC be and hereby is responsible to
submit or propose new presentations and tutorials to the JavaOne
Conference concerning Wicket and FX; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache WicketFX PMC be and hereby is responsible to
submit the Apache WicketFX project to the JCP and obtain JSR status;
and be it further

RESOLVED, that the original Apache Wicket PMC be and hereby is
dissolved of its responsibilities for this day, April 1st, 2009.

[ ] +1, accept above resolution
[ ] -1, don't accept above resolution, because ...

This vote runs for just today, otherwise we won't be able to get it
accepted by the board this month.

Martijn

RE: VOTE: Rename Apache Wicket to Apache WicketFX

Posted by Vladimir K <ko...@gmail.com>.
good joke :)

Re: VOTE: Rename Apache Wicket to Apache WicketFX

Posted by jpswain <jp...@gmail.com>.
-1  (because this isn't real)
As ashamed as I am to say it, "WicketFX" does sound kind of cool!

Posted by Kevin Logue <ke...@viableoptions.ie>.
There should be laws against the Internet and April 1st...

--

Kevin Logue

[t]            +353 (0) 42 939 1039

[e]           kevin@viableoptions.ie <ma...@viableoptions.ie>

AW: VOTE: Rename Apache Wicket to Apache WicketFX

Posted by Christian Helmbold <ch...@yahoo.de>.
-1, don't accept above resolution, because ...

I find FX is just a temporary fashion. In a few years "FX" is history like "J2EE" is. Don't follow every trend. Keep the name short and simple, keep "Wicket"!

Christian

Re: VOTE: Rename Apache Wicket to Apache WicketFX

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
+1, accept above resolution

WOO HOO!!! It's about time!!  Now maybe we'll be "enterprise ready" and some
people will finally start taking WicketFX seriously!

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com  (coming soon: http://www.WicketFXTraining.com

Re: link to css with parameter

Posted by Michael Mosmann <mi...@mosmann.de>.
Thank you.. but found solution..

- build dynamic HttpHeaderContributor and write urlFor(resourceRef,
valueMap)
- own ResourceReference overrides newResource()
- in this Resource call getParameters()

that's it

mm:)

Re: link to css with parameter

Posted by Christophe Bouhon <ch...@gmail.com>.
Donno if it is what you're looking for but here is one way to add css

public class BaseWebPage extends WebPage {

    public BaseWebPage() {
        add(HeaderContributor.forCss("css/style.css"));

CBO

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
This sounds more like a question for the user@ list.

You can use external link for this.

Martijn

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 3:15 PM, Michael Mosmann <mi...@mosmann.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> .. can someone give me an advice, how to do something like this:
>
> <head>
>  <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
> href="bla/blub/style.css?typ=3">
> </head>
>
> thanks
> mm:)

Apache Wicket 1.3.5 is released

link to css with parameter

Posted by Antony Stubbs <an...@gmail.com>.
LOL omg I was so fooled...! Hmm I do hope this is a joke though!

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Antony Stubbs <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thies Edeling <th...@rrm.net>.

Posted by Mikhail Fursov <mi...@gmail.com>.
> [ ] -1, don't accept above resolution, because ...
What's in a name? Will it make Wicket more stable or feature-rich?

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 2:02 PM, Martijn Dashorst <da...@apache.org>wrote:

> The Wicket PMC has discussed the following action. Because I think it
> is prudent that the Wicket community keeps evolving with the state of
> Java, I've created a board resolution to rename Wicket to WicketFX
> (thanks Igor for the suggestion!)
>
> WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests
> of the Foundation and the Apache Wicket community to rename Apache
> Wicket to Apache WicketFX to get presentation slots at the JavaOne
> conference, and make it easier to obtain JSR status.
>
> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that the project formerly known as the
> "Apache Wicket" project, be and hereby is renamed to "Apache
> WicketFX"; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache WicketFX PMC be and hereby is responsible to
> submit or propose new presentations and tutorials to the JavaOne
> Conference concerning Wicket and FX; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache WicketFX PMC be and hereby is responsible to
> submit the Apache WicketFX project to the JCP and obtain JSR status;
> and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the original Apache Wicket PMC be and hereby is
> dissolved of its responsibilities for this day, April 1st, 2009.
>
> [ ] +1, accept above resolution
> [ ] -1, don't accept above resolution, because ...
>
> This vote runs for just today, otherwise we won't be able to get it
> accepted by the board this month.
>
> Martijn

Mikhail Fursov

Re: VOTE: Rename Apache Wicket to Apache WicketFX

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
+1, accept above resolution

Posted by Stefan Lindner <li...@visionet.de>.
[X] -1, don't accept above resolution, because ...

We should start a vote with a little bit more names. Why not SilverWicket oder WicketLight? Or SilverWicket FX.NET for best of both worlds?

Posted by Thies Edeling <th...@rrm.net>.
Marko Sibakov wrote:
>> Someone has already made logo for us
>
> http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_hXCPcd3owoI/RwvVRW1wlBI/AAAAAAAAACE/UcDATzR4F9c/s1600/logo.jpg

including lens flare, glow around the characters and textured font. now
we just need it to rotate aka amiga demo style :)

Re: VOTE: Rename Apache Wicket to Apache WicketFX

Posted by Marko Sibakov <ma...@ri.fi>.

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
If so, we must add "annotations" and "aop" in there some where.

Posted by Ryan Gravener <ry...@gmail.com>.
I'm still waiting on the scala implementation that was talked about around
this time last year.

Ryan Gravener
http://ryangravener.com

Re: VOTE: Rename Apache Wicket to Apache WicketFX

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.
On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com> wrote:
> did it make a swoosh sound? :)

More like a race car!

Re: VOTE: Rename Apache Wicket to Apache WicketFX

Posted by Brill Pappin <br...@pappin.ca>.
chuckle.

more of a whine-buzz sound...

- brill

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
did it make a swoosh sound? :)

Posted by "Ames, Tim" <Ti...@ProMedica.org>.
Yeah, I picked up on that of course AFTER I asked the question.  This day was named just for ME!  I feel so privileged.

Posted by Brill Pappin <br...@pappin.ca>.
Caught red handed :)

Posted by Daan van Etten <da...@stuq.nl>.
To make it a bit less painful:
Look at the date.

:-)

Posted by Brill Pappin <br...@pappin.ca>.
~0/1

Posted by Roman Zechner <ro...@Liland.at>.

Daan van Etten wrote:
> FX sounds just way cool.
>
> "WicketFX. Where function meets form. Web development in style."
>
> Say for yourself, would you rather want to work with a framework
> called Wicket, or a framework called WicketFX?!
>
> Birthday parties and pub nights never are the same again:
> "What technologies you use?
>  - "WicketFX, Spri.."
> "Wow! You are so cool!"

Hahahaha!!! Oh glourious future, I await thee :-)))

Posted by Daan van Etten <da...@stuq.nl>.
FX sounds just way cool.

Posted by "Chenini, Mohamed " <MC...@geico.com>.

====================

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
Failed eXtremely

Posted by "Ames, Tim" <Ti...@ProMedica.org>.

Posted by Nano Surbakti <na...@gmail.com>.
[X] -1, don't accept above resolution, because ...

WicketFool, Cause the voting must be done in April Fool day?

--
Nano Surbakti

Re: VOTE: Rename Apache Wicket to Apache WicketFX

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com>.
[X] -1, don't accept above resolution, because ...

WicketSUX ("Superior User eXperience", of course ;) )

Enrique

Re: VOTE: Rename Apache Wicket to Apache WicketFX

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1000 :) thats the best one, for the eye catching factor..::) And it
has that certain ring to it :)

Posted by David Leangen <wi...@leangen.net>.
> Or... WTF! (Wicket The Framework)

+1

Re: VOTE: Rename Apache Wicket to Apache WicketFX

Posted by Daan van Etten <da...@stuq.nl>.
Some other suggestions:

Why go with the Wicket FX if you can have Wicket FX 2.0. Ready for Web
2.0!

Or... the Wacky Wicket, for inclusion in the Ubuntu Linux distro.

Or... Wicket Enterprise Release 4, the version that lags a few years
in features but is 'supported'

Or... Wicky the Wicking

Or... Wicket4j

Or... YAWF! (Yet Another Web Framework)

Or... WTF! (Wicket The Framework)

In comparison, the original Wicket name seems a bit bland. Please
consider my suggestions.

Regards,

Daan

Op 1 apr 2009, om 09:39 heeft Mikhail Fursov het volgende geschreven:

Posted by Mikhail Fursov <mi...@gmail.com>.

--
Mikhail Fursov

Re: VOTE: Rename Apache Wicket to Apache WicketFX

Posted by Mikhail Fursov <mi...@gmail.com>.
Today is the first day of the month :)

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 2:31 PM, Christian Helmbold <
christian.helmbold@yahoo.de> wrote:

> > I still liked the other name suggestion
> "jdave-wicket-webdriver-wicket-fx"
>
> Is it a joke? What's wrong with "wicket"? I find both name suggestions
> ugly.
>
> Christian

Mikhail Fursov

AW: VOTE: Rename Apache Wicket to Apache WicketFX

Posted by Christian Helmbold <ch...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.

Posted by Timo Rantalaiho <Ti...@ri.fi>.

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
yes i think so,

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
2009/4/1 Michael Mosmann <mi...@mosmann.de>

> Am Mittwoch, den 01.04.2009, 15:34 +0300 schrieb Nikos Pougounias:
> > Hi Martijn,
> > I would like to ask, how will it be easier to obtain JSR status by
> changing
> > the name?
>
> The FX makes the difference. Sun is also spending some money if you use
> FX as part of any java framework. I got some rumors, that even spring
> will came out with SpringFX or Springframework CoreFX.. but lost the
> link.

they even pay for browsers, that's why Mozilla renamed Phoenix to FireFX

( unfortunately someone added a small Easter egg and it became FireFoX )

mm:)

Re: VOTE: Rename Apache Wicket to Apache WicketFX

Posted by Michael Mosmann <mi...@mosmann.de>.

Posted by Nikos Pougounias <po...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martijn,

Posted by Timo Rantalaiho <Ti...@ri.fi>.

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Martijn,

Perhaps you should just name your presentation WicketFX just for
giggles to see if you get into JavaOne! :)

Posted by Thies Edeling <th...@rrm.net>.