Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Ivan Jouikov <iv...@ablogic.net> on 2005/07/09 08:16:50 UTC

Is storing stuff in database "better" than keeping it on disc?

I'm wondering about different repositories, such as
error/spam/relay-denied/inboxes/outgoing.

Is there a performance gain or some sort of an improvement if I keep
that stuff in DB rather than on a disk?

Re: Is storing stuff in database "better" than keeping it on disc?

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@gmail.com>.
Perfomance falls, but you now have a db to administer for managing
storage requirements,  resiliance and all those other "real world"
things that matter.
You also have SQL to allow you to create reports and move mail around.
You can also have other applications use your James db