Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2018/02/08 05:37:51 UTC

[VOTE] Release 2.3.0, release candidate #2

Hi everyone,

Please review and vote on the release candidate #2 for the version 2.3.0, as
follows:

[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* JIRA release notes [1],
* the official Apache source release to be deployed to dist.apache.org [2],
which is signed with the key with fingerprint C8282E76 [3],
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4],
* source code tag "v2.3.0-RC2" [5],
* website pull request listing the release and publishing the API reference
manual [6].
* Java artifacts were built with Maven 3.3.9 and Oracle JDK 1.8.0_111.
* Python artifacts are deployed along with the source release to the
dist.apache.org [2].

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority approval,
with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

Thanks,
JB

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12319527&version=12341608
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/beam/2.3.0/
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/beam/KEYS
[4] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebeam-1027/
[5] https://github.com/apache/beam/tree/v2.3.0-RC2
[6] https://github.com/apache/beam-site/pull/381
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.3.0, release candidate #2

Posted by Reuven Lax <re...@google.com>.
Wont' 4645 still require an RC3?

Posted by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com>.
+1 for option 1 (fix and create a new +RC3). This not only breaks
examples, this means that users of the spark runner won't have any
guarantee about the fact that the Google IOs work or not because of
possible missing methods or conflicts between netty versions.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@google.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
It means a RC3 then.

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@google.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <kl...@google.com>.

Posted by Lukasz Cwik <lc...@google.com>.

Posted by Valentyn Tymofieiev <va...@google.com>.

Posted by Eugene Kirpichov <ki...@google.com>.

Posted by Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com>.
+1

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Re: [CANCEL][VOTE] Release 2.3.0, release candidate #2

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi guys

Quick update for RC3: BEAM-3668 & BEAM-3519 have a PR in review (shading netty
in GCP IO).
Hopefully, the PR will be merge later today, then it will be cherry-pick on
release-2.3.0 branch.

As soon as it's done, I will cut a RC3 (hopefully tonight or tomorrow).

Regards
JB

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@google.com>.

Posted by Reuven Lax <re...@google.com>.