Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ac...@saysit.com on 2002/09/18 03:40:26 UTC

missing tomcat-apache.conf & mod_jk.conf-auto

Hi All.
I am new to this forum and I would like to get Apache collaborating with
Tomcat .
My Problems (so far)
====================
(1) Doco's suggested that whenever I do "startup.sh", Tomcat will
generate 2 files for me : "tomcat-apache.conf" and "mod_jk.conf-auto".
No, it didn't ! How do I get Tomcat to generate them ???
(2) I downloaded the bin mod_jk-01.so which I renamed to
/usr/lib/mod_jk.so, where RH7.1 keeps all its Apache .so files : is
mod_jk-01.so the correct version for my environment (see below) and is
Apache /usr/lib the correct directory ???
(3) I did not compile Apache from scratch, the default RH7.1
installation works well sofar. However it seems to lack utilities e.g.
"$APACHE_HOME/bin/apachectl configtest".  Do I have to download and
compile Apache over th default RH7.1/Apache1.3 ???
Environment :
RedHat7.1 kernel 2.4.2 (installed out of the box);
Apache 1.3.19;
Tomcat 4.0.4 listening on port 80
Apache and Tomcat live on seperate boxes.
What's been done sofar