Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Ralf S. Engelschall" <rs...@engelschall.com> on 1998/11/17 18:18:51 UTC

ANNOUNCE: mod_ssl 2.1.0

After three months of strong development it's now finally available and shares
its release birthday with my personal one:

        mod_ssl 2.1

The short announcement:

Extended API (EAPI), full DSO support, Win32 platform port, DBM-based SSL
session cache, advanced pass phrase handling, dedicated SSL engine logging
facility, boolean-expression based access control, etc.pp.

The long announcement:
                      _             _
  _ __ ___   ___   __| |    ___ ___| |
 | '_ ` _ \ / _ \ / _` |   / __/ __| |
 |_| |_| |_|\___/ \__,_|___|___/___/_|   Apache with the security of SSLeay.''
                      |_____|
                                       ``Ralf Engelschall has released an
 mod_ssl - Apache Interface to SSLeay    excellent module that integrates
 http://www.engelschall.com/sw/mod_ssl/  Apache and SSLeay.''
 Version 2.1.0-1.3.3                         Tim J. Hudson, SSLeay co-author

 This Apache module provides strong cryptography for the Apache 1.3 webserver
 via the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL v2/v3) and Transport Layer Security (TLS
 v1) protocols by the help of the SSL/TLS implementation library SSLeay from
 Eric A. Young and Tim J. Hudson. The mod_ssl package was created in April
 1998 by Ralf S. Engelschall and was originally derived from software
 developed by Ben Laurie for use in the Apache-SSL HTTP server project.

 As a summary, here are its main features:

   o  Open-Source software (BSD-style license)
   o  Useable for both commercial and non-commercial use
   o  Available for both Unix and Win32 platforms
   o  128-bit strong cryptography world-wide
   o  Support for SSLv2, SSLv3 and TLSv1 protocols
   o  Clean reviewable ANSI C source code
   o  Clean Apache module architecture
   o  Integrates seamlessly into Apache through an Extended API (EAPI)
   o  Full Dynamic Shared Object (DSO) support
   o  Support for the SSLeay+RSAref US-situation
   o  Advanced pass-phrase handling for private keys
   o  X.509 certificate based authentication for both client and server
   o  Additional boolean-expression based access control facility
   o  Backward compatibility to other Apache SSL solutions
   o  Inter-process SSL session cache
   o  Powerful dedicated SSL engine logging facility
   o  Simple and robust application to Apache source trees
   o  Fully integrated into the Apache 1.3 configuration mechanism
   o  Additional integration into the Apache Autoconf-style Interface (APACI)
   o  Assistance in X.509 v3 certificate generation

 For more details about mod_ssl please visit its net locations under:
 http://www.engelschall.com/sw/mod_ssl/
  ftp://ftp.engelschall.com/sw/mod_ssl/

Greetings,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com

Re: ANNOUNCE: mod_ssl 2.1.0

Posted by Bill Jones <bi...@fccj.org>.
"Ralf S. Engelschall" wrote:

> After three months of strong development it's now finally available and shares
> its release birthday with my personal one:
>
>         mod_ssl 2.1

Happy vBirthday  :]

Mine was yesterday, Monday Nov 16th.

:]