Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Om <bi...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/06 10:19:49 UTC

Telling the world that we are a TLP...

Now that we are a TLP and flex.apache.org is up and running, how do we tell
that to the world?  I see some tweets out there, but we have nothing
official yet.  Anyone wants to suggest content for a blog post, tweets,
etc. announcing this major milestone?

Thanks,
Om

Re: Telling the world that we are a TLP...

Posted by Avi Kessner <ak...@gmail.com>.
IMO, it's best to only make the announcement with some large release in the
framework. Like HTML5 compiling, or the new UI components, or something
else large, to make the announcement more than just a note
about bureaucratic paperwork.

brought to you by the letters A, V, and I
and the number 47

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 10:19 AM, Om <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...Anyone wants to suggest content for a blog post, tweets,
> etc. announcing this major milestone?...

a press release is also possible, see
https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_announces34

press@apache.org is the contact point for those.

-Bertrand

RE: Telling the world that we are a TLP...

Posted by David Coleman <da...@hotmail.com>.
I love the layout and theme... but one thing bugs me... the white content area does not run all the way to the top of the page... yet it has no matching black border on the bottom of the page... either have matching header/footer margins, or remove the top margin.

just my 2 cents.

Re: New Site template was : [Re: Telling the world that we are a TLP...]

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
No worries, what you've got is much better, I was just playing around
with the original redesign and the CMS, seeing if I could match the
two.

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: New Site template was : [Re: Telling the world that we are a TLP...]

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: New Site template was : [Re: Telling the world that we are a TLP...]

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Yes, awesome!

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: New Site template was : [Re: Telling the world that we are a TLP...]

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.

--
Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC
http://www.teotigraphix.com

Re: New Site template was : [Re: Telling the world that we are a TLP...]

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
I like it. I see that some things are moock and others still need work to
be closed, but it's pointing nicely.

Good work!

--
Carlos Rovira
Director de Tecnología

Re: New Site template was : [Re: Telling the world that we are a TLP...]

Posted by Nick Tsitlakidis <ni...@perfectedz.com>.

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
Do we have a G+ account?

-Nick

Posted by Daniel Wasilewski <de...@gmail.com>.
Looks great! +1

Posted by Michael Schmalle <ap...@teotigraphix.com>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 11:56 PM, Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as> wrote:
> ...I would also like your guys opinion on the replacement site I've been
> working on this weekend :
>
> http://flex.darktech.org

Looks great to me (especially my own bio - loret ipsum indeed ;-)

Like Om, on my Android phone the page stays very wide, might be the
menu dropdown that's causing this.

-Bertrand

Re: Telling the world that we are a TLP...

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
Already doing media queries on this one... Just need to fudge around with
the stylesheet.

-Nick

Posted by Jaydeep Tank <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nick,

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
I haven't done much with the mobile version yet (other than use the
bootstrap "responsive" style sheet).  I'm still trying to track down the
element that is forcing the width to 940px wide.  I've been playing with it
more on my side.

-Nick

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: Telling the world that we are a TLP...

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
Nick,

Posted by "Michael A. Labriola" <la...@digitalprimates.net>.
>I would also like your guys opinion on the replacement site I've been working on this weekend :

>http://flex.darktech.org

Nice job Nick.

Re: Telling the world that we are a TLP...

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.

On 1/6/13 5 :56PM, "Nicholas Kwiatkowski" <ni...@spoon.as> wrote:

>I would also like your guys opinion on the replacement site I've been
>working on this weekend :
>
>http://flex.darktech.org

Wow.  That looks really nice.

Carol

Re: Telling the world that we are a TLP...

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,